November 29, 2011

Preston's first airplane ride!




Preston got to go on his first airplane ride earlier this month. My mama, Preston and I flew back to Iowa to visit family for a week. All of our family live in the same area and nobody has met Preston in person. He did pretty good on the flight. He cried some, but mostly wasn't too happy about having to sit on our laps. If he could have run around inside the plane, I think he would have been fine. We left Colorado in a blizzard and left Iowa in a snowstorm - we know how to pick our travel dates! We flew into Chicago and drove 3 1/2 hours to Iowa. It was nice to see a part of the country that I've never been to. We had a great visit and it was so nice to be around family. The week went by way too fast.

Both of my parents grew up in the same city so there's a lot of memories there. We took Preston to the cemetery where his 2 great-grandpas are buried, drove by his great-grandma's house (she died in 1999 and is buried in Pennsylvania), played at the park and fed the ducks and went to the Mississippi River to watch the barges go through the locks.

I thought this billboard outside of Chicago was pretty funny and very clever:

3 comments:

Amie said...

Sounds like the trip went well! (PS I've seen that sign in Phoenix too!)

Kimberly said...

He's just so darn cute!!! C would have a blast playing with him. Glad to hear y'all had a nice trip.

Evangeline Denmark said...

You got him to wear one of his cute hats!
Glad you guys had the opportunity to take this trip. I'm sure your family loved seeing you!