March 18, 2011

Irish Dinner

This is the dinner I made for St. Patrick's Day this year. I just love making themed meals. We had a little leprechaun as the centerpiece :)


  • Shepherd's Pie
  • Steamed cabbage
  • Irish soda bread


    I've never had or made Shepherd's Pie before so I looked up several recipes and then combined several of them to make something that sounded good. It's basically ground beef (I used soy), veggies like carrots, peas, onion and celery and then potatoes on top. We all liked it! I used a pastry bag to pipe the mashed potatoes on top to make it fancy and then put it under the broiler to give it color.

3 comments:

Amie said...

That is so pretty ! I promise you my Shepherd's Pie looks nothing like that!

Kimberly said...

Yum, looks good and pretty ;) Love the centerpiece. His smile gets me every time. FYI Barnes & Noble online has all of their board book 45% off & free shipping with a $25 order!

Anonymous said...

How do you get it to look like that, please tell.