December 23, 2009

Ice skating chicken


I'm busy running around at the last minute getting Christmas stuff done. I'm going out later tonight to brave the mall to get 2 gift cards. I refuse to go out tomorrow!! My hubby is already aware of this plan ;)


This is the first card I made with the new Whipper Snapper stamp sets that I got last month. For some reason, that chicken looked like he wanted to skate at night under a full moon. I sponged the moon on the card stock with white craft ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I love how it made 'craters'. I used the Martha Stewart icicle punch and added stickles for some sparkle. The chicken is cut out and raised with pop-dots. I used the reflection technique. I've never tried it before but it was really fun and easy! Poor Mr. Chicken doesn't look too steady on his skates!!


Hope everyone is ready for Christmas - it's almost here!!



Stamps: Whipper Snapper - Think Snow
Paper: SU Night of Navy, white, yellow
Accessories: Martha Stewart icicle punch, stickles, snowflake stickers, clear embossing powder, white craft ink

3 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, my goodness...this is adorable! Wishing you guys a very Merry Christmas!

Amie said...

way cute idea!! merry christmas, Jennifer!

diane mcvey said...

OMGosh, I just ordered that stamp! Isn't Anna WONDERFUL??!! Your card is adorable. Thanks for sharing! :D